< href=”http://laurafurtado.com/get-fit-dancing-your-way-back-into-shape/” target=”_blank”>Written by Laura Furtado
“5, 6, 7, 8!” Dance has grown to be a huge success over the last year and continues to grow strong with popularity. More specifically, dance education has become a huge success among women, aged 18 years and older. One of the main reasons for its popularity is the introduction of various reality dance- based shows, such as Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, America’s Top Dance Crew and MTV’s Dance Life.
So why dance? There are many benefits as to why women should venture into the wonderful world of dance. It is an excellent aerobic, recreation activity that allows women to truly express themselves while shedding those pounds. Out of the many benefits that this form of exercise offers, the top reason why women engage in this style of fitness is because they are looking for something “different” and “fun” from their regular fitness regime. Going to a fitness class to dance to sexy music, shake your booty and add a little hip or two is very different than lifting weights in your traditional body blast classes!
The Selling Factor – Building Self-Confidence/h3>
Dance-based classes offer excellent “physical” benefit to women, however, what makes these types of classes truly unique, is the element of empowerment. Through sensual movement, women feel renewed and empowered. The element of empowerment gives participants the ability to find their OWN beauty and grace in movement- and the permission to OWN it. Through continuous participation in classes, women start to feel comfortable with themselves, their bodies and sensuality- ultimately, building self-confidence within. Over time, women’s appreciation in sensual movement is heightened, and fears of self- expression start to diminish- leading to wonderful sexy and powerful transformations! So it’s not all about the hip dips and body undulations… now is it?
Dancing Your Way to a Sexier, Fitter YOU!
Regardless of the variety of sexy classes now offered, a common thread is apparent- dance-based fitness classes are coming back in a big way. Dance- based classes, such as Strip Aerobics, are appealing because students learn so much more during their dance studies besides the wonders of experiencing the world of art. Numerous studies have shown that dance can be very beneficial physically, mentally and socially.
- Improves coordination, balance, control and flexibility
- Improves posture, poise and grace
- Increases complete body strength
- Improves rhythm, timing, musicality
- Heightens self-confidence and body awareness
- Improves overall memorization skills, following directions, attention span & concentration
- Improves problem solving skills and the understanding of patterns and sequences
- Aids in the personal development of creative expression, imagination and discipline
- Improves classroom etiquette, the following instructions and patience
- Stimulates positive interacting with peers, sharing and respecting others
- Leads to the development of friendships
So what are you waiting for? Get up and dance!